Tuesday, August 27, 2013

No Pain no Gain

Well, I just returned from my first ever physical therapy session, after injuring my shoulder.  Seems like the older I get the more things hurt, and the longer it takes for them to stop hurting.  While I have always thought I had a high pain tolerance, I am beginning to wonder if I am human after all.

In the past 48 years, I have endured several cuts, bruises, numerous stiches, and a fractured Tibia, for which I never received any medical attention.  I was once ran over by an old tractor, which left me in the hospital for three days with a bruised Kidney. 

None of those compare to the daily grinding and popping of the knee joints, and other various body parts.  Now I went and done it!  My left shoulder feels like someone is sticking a knife in it every time I raise it above me head.  “Does it hurt when you do this?” said the doctor.  “Yes, a lot.” I replied.  He looked at me with a straight face and said, “Well don’t do it then.”  Ah, the joys of getting older.  If I am not hurting, then I begin to worry.  Anyway, we will see if this “PT” actually helps.  Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. You need to finish your physical therapy so you can get better, and not have to end up having surgery!!

    ReplyDelete