Sunday, August 21, 2011

And the heat goes on!

Ok, did I actually say, "I wish it was summer"!  It has been too hot to fish, too hot to be outside, and way to hot inside my house.  I'm on week two of having a black eye, from getting a tree limb in the face at work.  The stitches came out on their own.  It still hurts.  Supposed to go back to the doctor this we so he can check it and make sure I don't have any complications.  I've been working for The Town of Stanton, since April this year. (2011) This started out as a part time/on call position, but right now, I'm working up to 37 hours a week.  We always take off at lunch on Friday.  I'm supervising 7 workers, and trying to keep all the equipment working.  Not easy!  Every time I turn around something breaks or quits, or just flat out won't do anything.  I have a good crew though, they have kept things moving along, even though we constantly run into some sort of obstacle.  We have been replacing the fence around the sewerage lagoon.  There were tree's up to 2 feet in diameter grown into the fence wire. Unfortunately, I can't keep the backhoe running long enough to get all of the stumps dug out. On the bright side we have plenty of work to keep us busy.  We have started clearing off overgrowth on some of the ditch banks around town.  Tree's and shrubs hanging over in the road. I don't know how long I can keep up this pace, my whole body hurts. I haven't had time to mow my yard, so I actually have to pay someone to cut it for me.  I have so much stuff I need to get done, and I am too tired to do any of it.  Maybe the weather will break and drop back down in the low 80s at least.  At least I'm getting a good tan out of the deal.

1 comment:

  1. Dwayne, I understand about heat! We have broke every record in Texas on the drought and wildfires. It also doesn't help that we're in our 40's. Just take comfort in knowing the weather is breaking soon and that we can run circles around guys half our age. Thanks for coming to the 2nd annual! I hope to see you next year!

    Take Care Brother,
    William

    ReplyDelete